ICC Ghent, Belgium. April 28, 2016
Biostimulants include diverse formulations of compounds, substances and micro-organisms that are applied to plants or soils to improve crop vigour, yields, quality and tolerance of abiotic stresses. Recently we see an increased interest in the application of plant biostimulants as they open new possibilities for a durable and resilient crop production. In this symposium research results of the use of biostimulants in horticulture are presented.
This symposium is organized by the Benelux Society for Horticultural Science (BeNeLuxSHS).
Programme for April 28, 2016:
- 8:45 Registration – coffee
- 9:30 Welcome and introduction to the theme of the symposium
- 9:45 Patrick du Jardin – Université de Liège: “Plant biostimulants: about the concept and why it is useful”
- 10:15 Monica Höfte – Universiteit Gent: “Plant responses to biostimulants“
- 10:45 Haïssam. Jijakli – Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech, ULg: “The use of yeast’s to increase pome fruit conservation”
- 11:15 Coffee break
- 11:35 Hilde Schoofs and Tom Deckers – PC Fruit: “The application of biostimulants in the control strategy of fire blight on apple and pear”
- 12:05 Jane Debode – Institute for Agricultural and Fisheries Research (ILVO): “Biostimulation of lettuce and strawberry by adding chitin or biochar to the growing medium”
- 12:35 Maaike Perneel– Universiteit Gent: “A new Ghent University consortium for the valorization of biostimulants and biocontrol agents”
- 12:55 Introduction to Floralies
- 13:15 Lunch
14:15 Free visit to the Floralies 2016. Discover a new, vibrant city festival in Ghent’s Arts Quarter. Be surprised by an enchanting world, teeming with flowers and plants, fascinating inspirational gardens and breathtaking art installations.
Registration fee: €55 (€40 for members BeNeLuxSHS). This includes participation in the scientific program, lunch, coffee-breaks and a free entrance-ticket to the Floralies 2016.
Click here for the registration form
For more information on Floralies see www.floralien.be
Check out the symposium details on the ILVO web pages
UPDATE: Extended deadline for registration:
April 15, 2016 April 20, 2016. Payment must be done before April 20th April 22nd!
Payment of the fee can take place by money transfer to our bank account (KBC Bank):
IBAN: BE06 7364 0230 3322
Benelux Vereniging voor Tuinbouwwetenschap
mentioning: symposium 2016 BeNeLuxSHS + your name
The symposium will take place in the International Convention Centre Gent ICC located in Citadel Park. The venue can be easily reached by train. The Gent-Sint-Pieters railway station is within 10-minute walk from Gent ICC.
There is public underground parking beneath Sint-Pietersplein and at Sint-Pietersstation. Both parkings are within a 10-minute walk from Gent ICC. We recommend this modern public parking to come over to events to the Ghent ICC (see map). A more detailed road description can be found here.
Marie-Christine Van Labeke, Johan Van Huylenbroeck, Monique Bodson, Jozef Van Assche, Olaf van Kooten, Hector Willocx, Leon Wietor